- 16oz Japanese Selvedge Denim (Exclusive Fabric)
- Pure Indigo Dyed Cotton - Ring Spun - Right Hand Twill
- Cotton Poly-Core Stitch
- Military Grade Canvas lined rear pockets
- Hidden Rivets
- Button Fly
- Dual-Tone Superfuture "Rep Bar" Stitch
- Straight Fit (slightly slimmed down)
These jeans were made in collaboration with Japanese denim brand, Dry Bones and the Superfuture Forum. Members of the forum actively took part in designing the jeans. To further involve the online community, everyone who buys a pair is welcome to document how they break in on the superfuture forums. The best looking pair will win a free pair of any jeans on sale at the Self Edge store.
Interview with Kiya Babzani, proprietor of Self Edge in San Francisco:
1) Could you tell us how the idea was born to create these jeans?
The Superfuture forum wanted to create a jean where it was partially designed by the users of the forum, it was a great project because the users would give input on design and slowly the jean began to take on a life of it's own as it changed from sample to sample. In the end we wanted a heavy weight denim made into a classic straight slim cut with great details that would resonate with the Superfuture denim community.
2) Could you tell us about Dry Bones and Superfuture and how they were involved?
Superfuture mostly gave the ok on the project and allowed Self Edge and the Supertalk members to do the project as they pleased. Dry Bones gave input on the fit and the patch artwork, which was finally designed by the famous JimmyC of Superfuture.
4) What other jeans (makes, brands) would you consider to be your favourite ones?
My current favorites are Real Japan Blues, aka RJB, which is a company owned by Flat Head but is far newer. They've only been around for a few years, but they're proving that their fits and denim are going to be around for a long time, they're putting out amazing jeans and shirts at the moment.